I attended your seminar at the Camarillo library last week and thought the material was excellent in content, research, and presentation. You have so many practical and non-alienating suggestions–such as let your child know ahead of time you will be checking the phone for activity. I am a grandmother of five and both our daughters have taken your seminar and are implementing your suggestions. Thank you so much for helping us all be better parents and grandparents.
Blessings on you and your work,
Dr. Bennett is a mother of three, clinical psychologist, and adjunct faculty at California State University Channel Islands (Addiction Studies/Clinical Psychology). She has had a thriving private practice for over 20 years. In response to her own children and to the epidemic Internet safety issues she was treating in her practice, she created GetKidsInternetSafe.com (GKIS). Her weekly blog articles, media interviews, live presentations, and comprehensive and sensible parenting programs have made a powerful impact on families. The best time to seek information is when your kids are young, BEFORE the complications set in.
CLICK HERE FOR DR. B’S SPEAKER ONE SHEET
As an Internet safety and parenting expert, Dr. Bennett’s GKIS presentations answer:
- When should I buy my child a tablet, smartphone, laptop, or gaming system?
- What social media apps should I allow? What behaviors should I look out for?
- What cybersecurity measures should I take?
- What topics should I cover so my kids don’t reveal personal information or take dangerous risks online?
- What can I do to protect my kids from inappropriate content and online predators?
- What are sensible screen media age guidelines?
- How do I manage issues like multitasking, vamping, and overuse?
- How do I enforce limits without provoking tantrums and resentment?
- Are kids more promiscuous? Suicidal? Depressed?
Dr. Bennett’s GKIS presentations are designed for parents and guardians, teens, or elementary school kids. Adults only for parent presentation please, due to graphic content. Questions always welcome!
She is available to speak about hot topic issues including:
~The Risks & Benefits of Screen Media Use
~Digital Citizenship, Online Reputation, & Netiquette
~Social media & GKIS Screen Smarts
~Stranger Danger & Cybersecurity
~Home Staging & Advanced Parenting Strategies
~Tech Setup: Filtering & Monitoring